The McDonald's GWN7 Junior Sports Trust (MGJST) has been developed to provide regional schools, junior sporting teams, junior sporting clubs and junior sporting associations with equipment or funding to increase participation in a chosen sport.
Now in its seventh year, the MGJST gives clubs and schools the opportunity to share in $60,000 worth of grants each year. Over the past seven years MGJST has granted over $345,000 to more than 300 teams.
The MGJST aims to increase participation in Junior Sports and thereby encourage the habit of a healthy lifestyle amongst young Australians living in regional Western Australia.
The MGJST will provide grants or equipment to schools or groups within regional Western Australia to provide basic sporting infrastructure; provide funding for the development and promotion of a sporting event or series; provide funding for a school or sporting group for an activity which is likely to encourage others to participate in the sport.
Recent successful applicants include -
- Gnowangerup Netball Club (Netta) - $550 - 10 Netball skirts and tops
- Ngalanganpum School - $3,000 - Football jumpers, shorts, socks, boots and Basketball singlets
- Broome Surf Life Saving Club - $1,650 - Soft rescue Nipper boards
- Mandurah Magic Basketball - $1,579 - Uniforms and training clothing
- Dongara Tennis Club - $340 - Racquets and balls
- Narrogin & Districts Little Athletics Centre - $1,945 - High jump mats and stands
To apply, go to: http://mgjst.com.au/apply.html